We offer a mix of telephone and face to face consultations. Lockdown restrictions have lifted and telephone consultations can only attract a rebate from Medicare if you have attended in the past 12 months.
We are a privately billing clinic and payment is required following your consultation. We bill privately to give us time to hear your story, examine you adequately if needed and provide a proper explanation and plan for you.
To assist you, Mt Martha Village Clinic has installed the latest technology for you to claim your rebate from Medicare straight into your account. We reduce fees for health care card holders and pensioners. Department of Veterans Affairs gold card holders are usually bulk billed.
If you have attended the practice in the past 12 months, then you may opt to book a telephone consultation. Your doctor will instruct you and can arrange for any scripts to be sent to you via sms. Referrals my be sent on your behalf via encrypted email or collected in person.
Telephone consultations attract a private fee with an out of pocket cost of around $21 for private patients and $11 for concession card holders.
Practical information to prepare for your telephone consultation:
- Keep your phone with you, switched on and not on silent.
- Take the call in a quiet room, free of distractions such as TV and radio and children.
- Ensure you have a pen and paper handy.
- Have all your regular medicines handy – your GP may need to check exactly what medicines you’re currently taking.
- Make sure you tell your GP if you need scripts, referrals or a certificate if you need time off work.
- Please wear your hearing aids if you have them.
- If you have the equipment, please check your blood pressure and temperature and write down the readings before the consultation.
Your GP will try and call you around your allocated time but may be later. “No caller ID” will be displayed on your phone when your GP rings. If you miss the call the GP will aim to call you once again. If you miss both calls, you will need to reschedule another appointment.
Your GP may suggest a videoconference via Skype, WhatsApp or FaceTime, depending on the circumstances.
Flu or immunisation Clinics:
If you book to have a flu vaccine, please arrive at the allocated time and remain in your car and call us to notify us of your arrival.
- If you develop or have developed a temperature of 38 degrees celsius or more, have a sore throat, cough, runny nose or flu like symptoms, please make a telephone appointment and reschedule your flu vaccination. We are unable to vaccinate you if you are unwell.
- Please wear loose clothing so you have minimal contact with the GP.
|Concession in person||$67.00|
|Medicare Rebate in person||$38.75|
|Long Consultation in person||$130.00|
|Concession in person||$102.00|
|Medicare Rebate in person||$75.05|
We aim to keep well people away from sick people so have set up times for anyone who needs to enter the clinics.
Our practice does bulk bill some services such as childhood immunisations and some services given by the nurse with your doctor’s referral.
Costs of Procedures
For any procedure such as plaster, wound repair or small lesion excision, there may be out of pocket costs. You should discuss these with your doctor.
Non Attendance Fee
Please contact us at least 3 hours prior to your appointment to cancel as we will charge you a fee if you do not attend. We donate this fee to Medecines Sans Frontieres an international medical charity. We aim to keep appointments available for people who need to be seen by a doctor on the day.
After hours fee
When you book an appointment after 6pm during the week or on Saturday, we deem this as our after-hours service and we add $5.00 to our fees.
For Emergency contact details